- Library items are NOT for sale.
- Items may be borrowed by ADSA members ONLY (join the ADSA) or school staff with a child who is a member of the ADSA.
- To use the library, you must fill out a Library Membership Form (PDF). Also see the ADSA Library Terms and Conditions.
- The library is open weekdays from 10.00am to 2.00pm school term only. For our address and location map, go to the ADSA contact page. Please phone the office on (09) 527 0060 before visiting.
Adult Series - Inclusive post secondary (tertiary) education for adults with Down syndrome and other developmental disabilities: A promising path to an inclusive life
This book describes the value of inclusive post-secondary education, the responsiveness of tertiary institutions and the difference this makes to the lives of individuals with Down syndrome. Today, students with Down syndrome and other developmental disabilities are being fully included in universities, colleges and technical institutes. They attend regular classes in a wide variety of courses and faculties, make friends, belong to clubs and participate in the informal and formal social life of these tertiary education institutions and go on to be successfully employed. This book describes the value of inclusive post-secondary education, the responsiveness of tertiary institutions and the difference this opportunity has made to the lives of many individuals with Down syndrome.
ADSA Library Terms and Conditions
- I agree to abide by the Policies and Procedures of the Auckland Down Syndrome Association Library.
- I agree to treat the Library, other members, the Librarian, and the library resources with respect and consideration.
- PRIVACY ACT: I understand that these details will be added to the ADSA Library membership list and used only by the committee for Library business.
- LIABILITY CLAUSE: I hereby assume complete and full responsibility for any and all injuries to any person or persons which result in whole or in part from using the resources I borrow from the ADSA Library. I hereby release the ADSA, its employees and volunteers including the committee, from any and all responsibility in respect of any injuries so sustained either outside of or on the premises
- I have read and agree to abide by the library membership terms and condition and ADSA Library Rules.