The library is open weekdays from 10.00am to 2.00pm school term only. For our address and location map, go to the ADSA contact page.
Please note the following:
- Library items are NOT for sale.
- Items may be borrowed by ADSA members ONLY (join the ADSA) or school staff with a child who is a member of the ADSA.
- To use the library, you must fill out a Library Membership Form (PDF).
- Please phone the office on (09) 527 0060 before visiting
- Library Terms and Conditions
Adult Series - Advocacy and adults with Down syndrome
Advocacy by and for adults with Down syndrome is based on the belief that all citizens have the same rights and responsibilities and potential for growth. It is recognised that there is a need to combat the exclusion and discrimination experienced by adults with Down syndrome through enabling them to access their human and legal rights. This publication seeks to define advocacy, explore its origins and describe the various forms of advocacy that are on offer.
Terms and Conditions
- I agree to abide by the Policies and Procedures of the Auckland Down Syndrome Association Library.
- I agree to treat the Library, other members, the Librarian, and the library resources with respect and consideration.
- PRIVACY ACT: I understand that these details will be added to the ADSA Library membership list and used only by the committee for Library business.
- LIABILITY CLAUSE: I hereby assume complete and full responsibility for any and all injuries to any person or persons which result in whole or in part from using the resources I borrow from the ADSA Library. I hereby release the ADSA, its employees and volunteers including the committee, from any and all responsibility in respect of any injuries so sustained either outside of or on the premises
- I have read and agree to abide by the library membership terms and condition and ADSA Library Rules.