The library is open weekdays from 10.00am to 2.00pm school term only. For our address and location map, go to the ADSA contact page.
Please note the following:
- Library items are NOT for sale.
- Items may be borrowed by ADSA members ONLY (join the ADSA) or school staff with a child who is a member of the ADSA.
- To use the library, you must fill out a Library Membership Form (PDF).
- Please phone the office on (09) 527 0060 before visiting
- Library Terms and Conditions
Vocabulary Checklists and Record Sheets - Checklist 3 - Third 350 words
The words have been chosen based on research studies of the language development of English speaking children. No two children will learn exactly the same set of words but this list provides a guide to a core vocabulary that is common. Complete Checklist 1 (first 124 words) and Checklist 2 (second 340 words) before using this checklist. You will be using them together as children will understand words on this checklist before they can say or sign all the words on the first checklist. The checklist should be completed and retained by parents as they will have the most complete knowledge of their child’s communication skills. Some parents will welcome the help of a home teacher or speech and language therapist as the checklist is also to be used to help to plan language teaching ativities.
Terms and Conditions
- I agree to abide by the Policies and Procedures of the Auckland Down Syndrome Association Library.
- I agree to treat the Library, other members, the Librarian, and the library resources with respect and consideration.
- PRIVACY ACT: I understand that these details will be added to the ADSA Library membership list and used only by the committee for Library business.
- LIABILITY CLAUSE: I hereby assume complete and full responsibility for any and all injuries to any person or persons which result in whole or in part from using the resources I borrow from the ADSA Library. I hereby release the ADSA, its employees and volunteers including the committee, from any and all responsibility in respect of any injuries so sustained either outside of or on the premises
- I have read and agree to abide by the library membership terms and condition and ADSA Library Rules.