Recreate NZ plan and facilitate the ADSA social clubs.
There are two separate age groups that meet at various locations once a month.
Youth group: ages 11 to 17 years
1.00pm to 4.00pm on the first Saturday of each month
Adults: ages 18+
6.00pm to 9.00pm on the first Saturday of each month
If you would like to join either the youth or adult social club, please click the link below to fill out our online form:
Grace Cussell has been involved with ADSA for longer than she can remember. She is now the ADSA Social Club coordinator at Recreate and loves this job because of the awesome people she gets to work with, including her brother Max.
Grace studies a Law and Global Studies conjoint at The University of Auckland and is a rifleman in the NZ Army Reserves. She loves going on adventures - especially with the Social Club!
Recreate NZ is a registered charitable Trust which exists to provide positive ‘out of family’ experiences for youth and young adults with disabilities. Established in 2002 by a group of parents, Recreate aim to create more social and recreational opportunities for their children with disabilities. Recreate is now is a provider of a wide range of adventure, educational, recreational and social development programmes.
Make some fabulous new friends in 2021
- Since 2015, the ADSA and Recreate have been working together to provide monthly social groups for our members.
- These are social events that Recreate have set up specifically for ADSA members. They provide a fantastic opportunity for social interaction with peers, away from parents and carers!
- Each group meets on the first Saturday of every month, excluding January and public holiday weekends.
- There are a wide variety of events – with something to suit everyone. These are organised by Grace Cussell along with her team of Recreate volunteers.
- Events include baking, board games, MOTAT visit, Laser Tag and Icecream, BBQ and games night, Fish & chips out, bowling & dinner, Christmas lunch, sushi making etc. A full schedule will be available in January 2021.
- On alternative years we offer a youth camp and a ball (funding dependent).
Register now to take part in activities in 2021
- Events for 2021 start on 13 February (to avoid Waitangi weekend).
- Membership fee for Junior Club $40 per year, Adult Club $75 per year. There is also a small cost between $10-20 for each event which is paid at the event.
- To attend events you must be registered for the ADSA/Recreate social clubs. Click here for the registration form.
- Grace Cussell at Recreate will receive your registration form and contact you to discuss your information.
- The ADSA will invoice you for the annual membership fee. This invoice must be paid before you can attend events.
- Recreate will send event details 3 weeks prior to an event. An RSVP is required each time through the Recreate Enrolmy booking system. This ensures that adequate supervision is provided on the day.
- If you are an existing member you will automatically receive an invoice from ADSA in December 2020. This invoice needs to be paid before you start attending 2021 events.