This year we were unable to hold Buddy Walk (our major annual fundraiser) due to Covid-19. Instead we held a free online event for World Down Syndrome Day, a raffle draw and a JustGiving fundraising campaign.
Congratulations to all our 2021 raffle prize winners:
- A night for two at The Grand, Sky City – Tim Snedden
- Auckland Bridge Climb Family Pass – Kevin Thompson
- Wishbone 3-in-1 Bike Limited Edition – Cecile Brunt
- Juice Plus+ Vitamin Supplements – Lesley Vipond
- Two tickets to Jersey Boys at The Civic – Kristen Walbran
- High Tea for two at Hotel Grand Windsor – Caroline Butland
- The Honeysticks Ultimate Pack – Sally Rayner
- All Blacks Experience Family Pass – Tim Holmes
- Periwinkles Glass Art custom heart – Colleen Bayer
21.3.21 Online Fundraiser
Check out all the fun our members had on World Down Syndrome Day on our Facebook Event Page»
In recent years many ADSA members have set up fundraising pages to support our organisation, via Everyday Hero. We used Just Giving this year, as Everyday Hero no longer exists. Our members find this type of fundraising rewarding, and they are happy to give back and say thanks to the ADSA.
After seven years of being involved with the Auckland Down Syndrome Association, it was our time to step-up and support the organisation financially by fundraising online. It was a great experience to be able to share Jada’s story, she’d come so far! And it felt good to support ADSA and raise awareness within our extended community too.Diane Burnett (ADSA member & newsletter editor)